Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm still here

I really have been doing stuff even though I haven't been posting. I think that I mentioned the MBA fair I went to, but I haven't been keeping you up to date on my exercise. I've walked 2.5 miles in an hour on two different occasions. At that rate, it takes 2 or 3 weeks to lose a pound, so I am trying to watch my weight, too. Last time I held a professional job (early 90's), I looked my best when I was a 10, but a 12 wouldn't be bad. Today, I went to a vocational school. Even though I have a a MSIE and a BEE, they are so old that I feel so obsolete. I'm still pretty handy with a computer, but I last worked as an engineer back in the days when cell phones were the size of a shoebox and bolted in the car trunk. I'm not sure I really need a certificate, but at it get me out of the house, using my head, and interacting with people. Plus, the certificate won't have a date from some time back in the last millennium. My degrees from the 80's make me feel old just looking at them.

BTW, every time I walk, I post the details on a spreadsheet, so sometime, I will post those numbers here, unless I decide it's not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment